Bleeding from Vagina

Yesterday blood came out of my vagina after I had sex ...while it also continued today to drops of blood.. Over that I had my regular periods on 23rd October,later had my irregular periods 15 days later on 6th November which ended on 12th November. Why am i bleeding and what shall i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Bleeding from Vagina

Thank you for your question.
There are several reasons why you may bleed after intercourse. One reason is trauma or tears but you would be aware of this because there will be pain. Painless bleeding can come from the cervix or from inside the uterus. Bleeding from the cervix often happens because the tissue has become delicate either because of an infection, a growth or hormonal changes affecting the cells. Bleeding from the uterus can be because of hormonal changes coinciding with irregular bleeds and timing of intercourse. Your best option is to get examined so that your gynaecologist can have a look at the cervix and possibly check the uterus with an ultrasound scan too. They can then give you the correct treatment.
Best wishes