Bleeding from nose
My son aged 8 yrs frequently bleeds from nose. Otherwise he is fit. But most of the time I find his nose reddish. Pls advice me the specialist whom I should consult. I stay in Bangalore.

Dr. Cajetan M F Tellis
Pediatrician 28 yrs exp Bangalore

Bleeding from nose or epistaxis is most commonly because of nose picking . If your son's nose is red and he also rubs his nose often and sneezes a lot, he may also be having allergic rhinitis. Additionally if he has bled often it's advisable to rule out a bleeding or clotting dysfunction. You need to visit your Paediatrician.