Blackness on face

Blackness on my face but in lower parts of neck which is always covered by wearing dress is white for example my chest ,thighs , above the elbow of hands are more whiter than face

Doctor Answers (1) on Blackness on face

Based on your description, it appears that you have facial melanosis which could be melasma compounded by acanthosis nigricans. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Attempting treatment without understanding the pathology will be futile and make the course longer. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion. Sun protection is mandatory and will require usage of Sunscreens. You may benefit from usage of a laser device i.e. Q- switched Nd YAG laser but that is in addition to the main treatment. Internal health needs to be fixed based on blood chemistry reports. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.