Black skin around waist
Hi doctor My name is Kiran, i have suffering this problem (black skin around waist) my skin around my waist is changing to black from past two month. I wnt why plz can u explain and give suggestion. With Regards, Kiran

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Black spots could mean many things.This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. Many a times its a fungal infection. Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are coprescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes. Dr MK Agarwala

Dark skin around waist