Bitten by rat
I work in my showroom in New Delhi. We have a lot of rats here. Today, I felt a bite in my lower left leg, just above the heel. I thought it was a rat bite and checked, but found no blood and no cut. There were just a few red marks, which are possible because I was wearing socks as well. What would you recommend me to do? My tetanus vaccine was 3 years back.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. It could be due to rat or could be due to something else also. We cannot be sure. Kindly clean the wound and you can apply a betadine cream . Also you can take a tetanus injection one dose. Nothing else is required. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Physician 12 yrs exp Delhi

All fine.no need to worry much if no blood. Rabies vaccination not required in first degree bite. Tetanus has immunity for 5 years.relax