Best food for hair growth

Can you advise me which are the best food for hair growth, so that they gain volume and improve texture as my hair lacks lustre and volume. Also I am using minixodil to stop hair fall.

Doctor Answers (2) on Best food for hair growth

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! thanks for the query. Well balanced diet play an important role in the growth and health of hair. There are some food which are especially known to promote hair growth and make them lustrous. Try to include them in your diet. Almonds- are source of vitamin E which is an antioxidant which helps to repair the damage of caused by harmful sun rays. Beans- are source of iron (as well as protein). Iron deficiency is a common cause of hair fall and thinning of hair. Pumpkin seeds- contain zinc which helps to prevent scalp dryness and promote hair growth. Citrus fruits- are rich in vitamin C. It helps in synthesis of protein resulting in strong unbreakable hair. Salmon- is full of Omega 3 fatty acids which add shine and lustre to hair. Chicken- is source of protein which is building block for hair. For vegans Quinoa, chick peas or lentils are sources of protein. Please keep in mind there are many other factors which affect hair growth or cause hair fall apart from diet. I would recommend you to see the Dermatologist for evaluation of your hair problem.
Avoid self medication as this may cause more harm than giving you any benefit.
Dr. Sudha Shroff Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Hello,good diet for includes food rich in proteins,vitamins n minerals.include green leafy vegetables,eggs,nuts,lean chicken,oats,lentils,cinnamon,fish.along with take supplements with biotin.use mild shampoo and conditioner regularly for smooth hair.