Bad Breath

I have bad breath issue since 10+ years. I have used all kinds of mouth washes and tongue cleaners/ brushes. I get my teeth cleaned every 4 months. Still bad breath persists. Thick white coating forms on my tongue very frequently. Can this cause bad breath? Do I have to go to any other specialist for checkup?

Doctor Answers (1) on Bad Breath

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Halitosis(bad breath) can be an important social problem in which the standard dental treatments and mouthwashes that are often recommended provide only temporary relief. Oral malodor is primarily the result of microbial metabolism. The mouth is home to hundreds of bacterial species with various nutritional preferences. These organisms digest proteins, and several fetid substances arise, leading to bad breath. Oral malodor from the overgrowth of proteolytic, anaerobic gram-negative bacteria on the crevices of the tongue dorsum can be successfully diagnosed and treated.To reduce bad breath, help avoid cavities and lower your risk of gum disease, consistently practice good oral hygiene. Further treatment for bad breath can vary, depending on the cause. If your bad breath is thought to be caused by an underlying health condition,as we can't prescribe medication online as per law consult dentist or physician they will help you