Babys health
My baby boy is 5 month old and past 4 - 5 days he is having loose motion more then 8 times a day.is it teething issue or I shud see a dr. To him

Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh
Pediatrician 34 yrs exp Lucknow

teething itself doesn't cause diarrhea. prevent diarrhea during teething by giving the child clean things to chew, like teethers and hard substances like rusk and toast.
Dr. VJS Virdi
Pediatrician 25 yrs exp Mohali
Teething doesn't cause diarrhoea, its a myth. The explanation is that by 5 months age mouthing stage begins and the child puts everything into mouth. This causes transmission of organisms causing all such symptoms. As a prompt measure put the child on WHO ORS and watch for urine output. Do see a child specialist since your baby is too young and might require more medicines. By the way bottle feeding also can b a source of such infections.