Baby not eating

My baby is sixteen months old and he is always been very good in eating. Since twenty days or so he is refusing to eat anything. Just one bite of anything that's it even his favourites. He is cutting his upper molars and canine at the same time. Is it because of this or summer heat. All he want to have is milk and water or banana. He did not put on weight since last 7 months but just added 1 kg and is now 9.5 kgs in our last check up a week before. Now I'm worried he will lose that too. Sometimes I cry feeling helpless because even force feeding doesn't work with him a nd neither I want to do because I fear he will stop eating completely. If this is a phase then how long is it going to last...

Doctor Answers (1) on Baby not eating

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, I.understand your problem and also I understand your concern towards your babies health. But there is nothing to worry if the baby displaying well and activities are good because this the phase where every child will not have the willingness to eat to have food because of the interest on the play. And exploring new things. So you need to do is to prepare his favorite dish and feed him in little quantities but more no of times. Thank you