Baby habbit

Hi my baby is just 2 months old and whenever he cries during night my inlaws put honey nipple in his mouth. Now i think i m nt sure he had develope the habbit or having nipple otherwise he feels irritated. Please suggest the side effects of suckling honey nipple and how to get ride of this habbit.

Doctor Answers (1) on Baby habbit

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello till six months baby should be fed with exclusive breast milk.. . Exclusive breastfeeding – that is the infant only receives breast milk without any additional food or drink, not even water.Breastfeeding on demand – that is as often as the child wants, day and night. exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months based on scientific evidence of the benefits for infant survival, growth, and development. Breastmilk provides all the energy and nutrients that an infant needs during the first six months. Exclusive breastfeeding reduces infant deaths caused by common childhood illnesses such as diarrhea and pneumonia, hastens recovery during illness, and helps space births.