Baby Didn't Cry

Hi Sir/Madam, My wife delivered Baby Boy on 21st June and immediately we shifted him to NICU as per doctors advice as he didn't cry when cameout (Normal Delivery )so oxygen levels were below par. And he got fits when in NICU now tht is cured. But still on Oxygen. We asked doctors about the root cause and they confirmed he drank amniotic fluid when inside. Today they told me tht we hav to be very careful and mark all his milestones such as crawling, smiling, crying etc.. And if any abnormal activity noticed should report to doc as soon as possible. Could someone plz plz plz suggest any good hospital in Bangalore also he is not crying still...any idea or suggestions what and how to make him healthy... Regards, Sai and Sowjanya
views-icons 62 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Baby Didn't Cry

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. I understand what you are going it's meconium aspiration the baby...well even if his apgar score is low definitely the baby can do well adviced by the doctor do make a note on the development as sometimes depending on the duration of asphyxia there might be brain damage....but in most of the cases we need not worry...all feeeds to be given Like a normal thing for the baby is breast feeding and only exclusive breast sure the baby will can check in Practo for doctors available in your area