Assymetric face due to upper jaw
Hi, I got braces two years back due to a crooked teeth on the upper jaw right side. One tooth was extracted from the upper jaw. This seemed like caused assymetry. I had to relocate to different place, so I visited new doctor. He insisted me to get braces again that would cost 35-40k it seems. I was bit suspicious , so didn't opt for the braces again. I got x-rays done and attaching the pictures. My concern is that whether I should get braces again to correct this or continue braces for few months. I'm attaching the pictures and scanned pictures. I'm not sure whether it's because of tooths or due to muscle problem.

I dont think a single tooth extraction has caused so much asymmetry. It's more likely to have been present before too. And looks like muscle has caused the asymmetry.Kindly check your old pictures.  Compare the pictures before and after treatment.  Or post them here. Every single person has mild asymmetry.  If you have recently developed the asymmetry,  kindly visit a dentist or oral surgeon and check if there is any muscular hypertrophy.  You might be advised a pa ceph radiograph to see if theres any bone asymmetry. 

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Hello. Clinical examination required. Suggest accordingly.
visit
Dear practo user, U need to consult oral  physician for this. U can teleconsult on my page as well for this. Myself MDS oral physician and Radiologist from most eminent government dental college Maulana Azad Institute DELHI, MAMC/MAIDS. I will take a detailed history for u and Diagnose and manage accordingly. Thanks
Tooth was removed from one side only? Even in lower jaw one incisor is found missing. A final word can be given only after a detailed examination. But whatever be the case, there is no need to remove these braces and put another braces again, correction can be done with the same braces.
Do you feel that the muscles are taught on the right side of the face ? Do you feel any pain in your joint? Do you have any sounds coming from your joint? Is there pain while opening or closing mouth or is there moving of jaw or deviation towards the left or right?