Anxiety n tension

Hi,
I have anxiety and tension. It's mostly because of what's happening in my life. It concentrated towards my love life n also career. I feel like the need to share. But not my friends because they give biased judgement. I want to consult a psychologist who can try n understand my situation and help get over it
views-icons 52 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Anxiety n tension

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You may start by seeing your primary care doctor to find out if your anxiety could be related to your physical health. Your doctor can check for signs of an underlying condition that may need treatment.
However, you may need to see a specialist if you have severe anxiety. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental health conditions. A psychologist and certain other mental health providers can diagnose anxiety and provide counseling (psychotherapy).along with that fallow bellow advices
Keep physically active. Develop a routine so that you're physically active most days of the week. Exercise is a powerful stress reducer. It may improve your mood and help you stay healthy. Start out slowly and gradually increase the amount and intensity of your activities
Use relaxation techniques. Visualization techniques, meditation and yoga are examples of relaxation techniques that can ease anxiety.
Make sleep a priority. Do what you can to make sure you're getting enough sleep to feel rested. If you aren't sleeping well, see your doctor.
Eat healthy. Healthy eating such as focusing on vegetables, fruits, whole grains and fish may be linked to reduced anxiety, but more research is needed.
Regards