Anxiety desorder

I had an incident in February. My grandmother was expired due to which I was in Rajasthan for the rituals. I got scared after 6th days of her death . I used to have unexpected feelings. People were relating it with paranormal activity. This was the main reason of my stress. Whenever I used to see myself alone I used to feel numb, After a month I started facing panic strokes and it effected my career. I am working in an IT company. I went AIIMS and doctor prescribed for antidepressants. One for chamical imbalance and other one for depression. I have been taking SERTA .25 now a days and I have reduced my weight. Still in the evening I feel pressure in head, eyes, throat. I have forgotten that incident and not thinking anymore. I do go outside alone but still feel sensation in my head.. I feel tired mental and physically. I am not able to remember things and not able to can to focus for long time. Sometimes I feel aggressiveness. please suggest me. how long it will take to recover and.

Doctor Answers (2) on Anxiety desorder

Dr. Swapna Patker Mumbai | Clinical Psychologist
Switch to homeopathic medication. You will get long term results.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, important is you should not spend time alone, as much time as you spend with family,, friends or even pets you recover much faster. Play games with friends (no need to win always), avoid sitting alone, walking alone, watching too much teevi,,, physical exercise, helps you recover faster. Join gym or a dance class or a swimming class. Continue medicines for prescribed time. Commonly reported side effects of sertraline(serta) include: insomnia, loose stools, dizziness, drowsiness, tremor, fatigue, diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, headache, paresthesia, delayed ejaculation, ejaculation failure, xerostomia, anorexia, diaphoresis, and decreased libido. Other side effects include:agitation, pain, vomiting, abdominal pain, anxiety, hypouricemia, and malaise.