Anxiety and stress

I am not able to behave normally with my mom in law. We could never gel lot of bad feelings. Now she has left the house but still even thought of her coming back makes me v anxious , The moment she enters the house I start to panic , I get upset, shout at my kids or I'll start crying. We stayed together for 9 years n I'm not able to come out of this depression or whatever this is. I just can't stand her now. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Anxiety and stress

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to handle the presence of your mother in law. Have you talked about your problems with your husband? What has his take on it been like? Is he supportive of your reasons behind your anxiety? It seems to me that you are person who is independent and likes doing things your way. You don't appreciate any interference. These factors aren't negative but they definitely need to be channeled and communicated in a right way. You should get some counseling to learn coping techniques as this will help you to deal with the situation in a better way. Some more information on the above asked questions could help me to understand you better. However, please do approach a counselor soon.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. I understand there are kit of mixed emotions running in your mind simultaneously.... It's better to unfold them slowly... It's better you talk about it to someone and reduce your burden and decide what is the best way to handle it...or else please consult a counsellor.... One thing is for sure..you need to face it to resolve the issue....its better to try to resolve it than to ignore it...thank you