animal-health-icon
Anti tick shampoo validit
Hi, Id like to know what's the validity of an anti tick shampoo for my dog. If I've given my dog an anti tick shampoo bath, how long does the protection last? And if I were to board him at a boarding facility for a few days, what are the chances of him getting ticks if he has been given an anti tick shampoo bath just prior to boarding. Also, will a vet issue a certificate or a note on the letterhead that says that the dog is tick free and has been treated with an anti tick shampoo prior to the boarding? Thanks for the response.

See anti tick shampoo just lasts for a week until the fragrance of shampoo stays on the body but there are anti tick sprays for which the protection lasts for until 3 months and a doctor can only certify that a dog has been treated for tick n flea but he can write tht dog is tick free coz sum resistant ones may b present on the dog. Regards Dr. Prachi Kshatriya