Ankle sprain

I had a sprain in my left ankle and developed a bad swelling 15 days before.I consulted an orthopaedic.I got an xray done which was normal. then doctor suggested me some pain killers for 5 days. My medicines are over still sometime pain erupts again. He even suggested some physiotherapy and taping. My pain has decreased alot from before.earlier I was having difficulty in climbing down the stairs and walking. But now that pain has reduced but I still have problem in using Indian style of washroom. The pain is little unbearable while sitting in that posture. Can you please suggest what can be done in duch a scenario.

Doctor Answers (3) on Ankle sprain

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Generally athletes get ligament tear, in common words sprain due to excessive rotational force which will cause pain if not healed properly.... generally it takes 6-8 weeks time to heal but if you resume your athletic activities in between without taking rest, you will have pain again...you have not recovered fully as its just 15 days ..So consult a orhopedician for further management.
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar Gurgaon | Medical Microbiologist
Physiotherapy is the best option.  Use a western commode.
Dr. Sushant Gupta Delhi | General Physician
See as u said theres no fracture identified by the dr. U visited then no word of tensn is there. As these sprain are mostly muscle sorain or some ligament gets pulled or streched. So u dnt need to worry more bout this.
For now carry on the exercise advised by ur dr. like moving the left ankle in circular motion slowly and moving it in figure of 8 position. Apply crape bandage during rest.

Take Tab Chymoral forte 3times a days for 5 days.
Apply Nizer gel at ankle to get relief frm pain.
And take proper rest. Avoid heavy jumping and running for now