cardiologist-icon

Angioplasty Surgery

I would like to consult in the matter of Angioplasty Surgery of my father. After angioplasty surgery he caught with a blood infection for some unexpected reason and was on antibiotic for 10 continuous days. Angioplasty has been conducted at Apple Sarswati Hospital Kohlapur. Today, almost after 1 month of surgery he is feeling comfortable. As per recently conducted reports, Heart EPF is still coming 50% which tells us that heart is not functioning properly. I would like to take second opinion on this matter. Is this condition normal?

Doctor Answers (1) on Angioplasty Surgery

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.,..., Ejection fraction is a measurement of the percentage of blood leaving your heart each time it contracts....Ejection fraction is a test that determines how well your heart pumps with each beat.... The ejection fraction may decrease if: There is weakness in the heart muscle, such as dilated cardiomyopathy, or systemic illnesses, A heart attack which damages the heart functional ability....If there are problems with the heart's valves, or if You have had long-standing, uncontrolled high blood pressure...... normal LVEF ranges from 55-70%....