Amniotic fluid leak
My friend who is 33 weeks pregnant felt some wetness and discharge and is getting herself checked up. She suspects it maybe amniotic fluid leak...gynaec did scan and comfirmed that internal OS is open and fluid leaking...pls tell what treatment is usually given..and can premature labour be prevented with full bedrest?if she takes full bedrest with proper medication and treatment can she extend pregnancy till 36 weeks atleast.?

Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, She is likely to have an injection. Follow up with your obstetrician for further evaluation and management.
Dr. K.S. Ramya
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Chennai
Treatment should be individualised. If there Is really leak, potential risks of infection is there. Infection and baby s survival has to be balanced. Advise you friend to get confined to a centre with good NICU care.

My nose is leaking yellow fluid Leaking white fluid during pregnancy