cardiologist-icon
Amlodipine 5 mg vs telmisartan 40mg
Hi I am on amlodipine 5 mg once per day..The tablets was prescribed by US doctors..Now the cardiologist in India has asked me to stop amlodipine 5mg and take telmisartan 40 mg.. is telmisartan 40 mg better than amlodipine in controlling bp..what are the advantages ?

The medication for blood pressure depend on the profile of the Patient . For blood pressure lowering capacity there is no much difference . There are certain properties of Patient where few medications are better as in diabetics telmisartan is better . So may Doctor changed it based on your profile

Folvite 5 mg during pregnancy Amlodipine valsartan 5 160 mg Side effect of amlodipine