Amla/Indian Gooseberry
Hi, I have IBS- Constipation. I tried Amla Juice but it is giving me Nausea. Is it Amla causing it or something else? What should I take for IBS Constipation?

Dr. Yogesh Khanse
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Pune

If you r having constipation amla surely wont help you right now,it is to be used on a later stage when the symptoms r relieved . you may try isabgol or 2tsp ghee along with warm water at night before bed.
start with regular walking exercise.
Dr. Kalpana Sanjay Erande
Ayurveda 12 yrs exp Pune

Constipation for longer period can itself cause nausea. Here pitta pacifying medicines required should must posses laxative properties. Amla is required to be taken with such medicines. Consult ayurvedic physician for proper treatment. According to severity, laxatives and other medicines can be given to a patient of IBS  only after in person examination. So get personal consultation.