Am i fit for running

Good morning sir/mam. I am 27 years of age and weigh 93 kg. I want to start running to maintain my weight. Please suggest me if I am fit for running.

Doctor Answers (2) on Am i fit for running

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, I think the height which you have mentioned is wrong. Please get back to us with a correct height and weight information. And there is no harm in running unless you have any knee problem, or any health related issues.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. You are still 27 years old. You are fit for running. But if you are staring for the first time, there are chances that you might get cramps. So always do warm up excercises before starting. Slowly increase pace and duration of running. Do not over strain. To lose weight you should alos follow a healthy diet. Avoid spicy foods, oily foods, outside junk foods, sweets, milk products. take multiple short meals instead of 3 large meals. Eat foods rich in proteins like soyabeans, vegetables, pulses, fruits, egg white, boiled chicken. You can also visit also dietician for further queries and diet chart.