Alopecia areata

A new medicine ruxolitinib is launched in few countries which cures Alopecia ! When will this medicine be launched in india and what are the side effects if any ? Also is the hair transplant still the best option ?

Hello there.... I went through your query.... I can understand your concern..... Ruxolitinib is a topical medication applied directly to the affected areas of hair loss...... There were no reported clinical adverse effects, with laboratory studies indicating a small and stable decrease in white blood cell counts...
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. They modes of line of treatment are very expensive and not readily available. They are also the last options for the treatment for alopecia areata. Simple treatment options like intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injections, topical tacrolimus, minoxidil, oral steroids (in severe cases), are regularly used and very effective. If you are suffering from alopecia areata, consult a dermatologist. They will examine you and suggest the best mode of treatment.