AIDS transfer throughfood
I had some food(Bonda or punugulu) outside near my office. I noticed that the person who served me this had a cut on his finger. Say if that person has AIDS will it be transmitted to me if he was involved in preparing that or even just serving it ?? Do i need to have a test done ??

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  I see that you have become very apprehensive about it. First of all, calm down. No need to worry. Its highly unlikely that it could transfer in such a manner. And also there is no proof if he even has AIDS. Also, HIV virus cannot survive for long in outside environment. You need not worry. But if you still want to check, get a test done after 3 months. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 9 yrs exp Kolkata
Hello. I understand your concern. There is no evidence that people get infected with HIV by having their food prepared by HIV positive people. HIV is only known to be transmitted in three ways: sexual transmission, blood-to-blood contact (injection needles and health care settings), and from mother to infant. Other routes of transmission are theoretical only. And HIV does not survive long enough in the environment to pose a real risk through contact of this sort. HIV becomes uninfectious realitively quickly when exposed to the environment, making transmission through indirect contact with another person's fluids remote. So I would say the chance of transmission of HIV from ingestion of blood mixed food is extremely unlikely. Hope this helps.