Addicted to sex

I'm a 22 yr old. I have a girlfriend. And she's abusive. And I cannot get over her or leave her cuz of the sex. I've been physical with her and I just cannot leave that. And she abuses me a lot . Please help

Doctor Answers (2) on Addicted to sex

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Your agenda in the relationship is sex, So till that outweighs the discomfort of being abused, continue with it !!!
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I have two questions. Firstly, do you think that you will not get sex in your next relationship? Secondly, do you feel morally incorrect of having sex with anyone else after your break up with your girlfriend? If you are in this relationship only because you want sex, that would be interpreted as there being no love, respect or care for the person but only lust. So would it be correct to say that you are willing to be abused just because of your lustful needs? In which case you seem to be in a good enough relationship because when there is no love how will you get anything else except for disrespect and just a fulfillment of physical needs. You both would become just a means to an end. Please try to see it objectively and prioritise whether you want love or lust. If lust is the priority try to find another partner with a similar mindset as yours. That ways the expectations would be set right and one would not feel abused.