Acute hair loss

Sir/Mam, My hair started falling when I was in 1st year of engineering. I used to have dense long hair but then gradually I started keeping them sort to avoid hair loss but this didn't work and the problem continued. Whenever it started falling at a terrible rate I used to shave off my head and go bald. I shaved off my hair for around 8 times in 4 year. But now I'm in job this problem is not ending. My hair has become thin and my scalp is easily visible. Also I have noticed that my scalp is very prone to dandruff. I have tried my shampoos but none of them work even oils too..nothing work on the scalp and this dandruff starts itchiness and there starts hairfall. Please help me what should I do..I'm tired of this problem..I have tried my serums too but they suck.... I want to have hair..please help me

Doctor Answers (1) on Acute hair loss

Thanks for the query. You are suffering from Male pattern baldness.​​ The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala