Acne scars pain irritatio

Hi, I am suffering from acne since 10 years. Attached are the images. Please look into them and provide me a solution. I was told acne is common and goes off with time. But looks like mine is different case. I am so depressed with this acne. I am not concerned of my looks though but I just want to be clean and healthy. Please provide me a solution and the reasons for my acne. My skin is bit dry. I drink sufficient water and good intake of fruits. Not sure what to do. I am afraid I might have to live with this acne. I do not use any cosmetics. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne scars pain irritatio

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Acne is caused by various causes including hormonal imbalance and infections. It is recuurent problem until age of 40 years. There are various modes of treatment based on severity of acne. In mild cases, only topical antibiotics and retinoids can be used. In moderate cases, oral and topical antibiotics and topical retinoids are used. In severe cases, oral retinoids and topical creams are used. But before starting oral retinoids few investigations and pregnancy status should be checked. Hence consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.