Acne & dark spot on face

I have oily open pore skin. I have acne on my face and scars after acne. Most of the acne are painful and have puss.kindly suggest medicne/ointment to remove acne and scars

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne & dark spot on face

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist - for your type of acne you'll mostly need oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.