Acne breakout
Hello, I am a 24yr old working women staying in Delhi. All of a sudden for the last 3-4 months I am experiencing severe acne. These acnes are leaving behind severe acne scares leading to a serious physical aswell as psychological problem for me. Recently I have consulted a dermatologist and he has suggested me several steroids to try out , its a 15 days course. I have a dry skin type. Further I am unable to understand what to do and in great trouble. Looking forward for a solution.

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis.
You should stop such medications as they contain steroids which will damage your face.
Avoid Self Medications.