Acne and skin darkening

Female, 20 Years Hello mam this is tania,i have been diagonised with pcod two years ago.i have i was diagonised with pcod two years ago since then i have been facing worst acne problems due to impure blood in me.and my skin has been darkened very badly.please suggest me some remedy.i stay in haryana iam in bangalore on a bussiness trip.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne and skin darkening

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. ​​Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis.