Acne and scars

Too much of acne and remains of scars and also have taken antibiotics like isotrin tablets and some Benz ADP gel but no improvement still acne are coming and doctor have sujjested for chemical peeling I m afraid of that is it good to take chemical peeling can I get clear skin through it pls sujjest

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne and scars

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcision, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Chemical peels are quite safe in experienced hands. Get a test peel on a spot done to reassure yourself. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala