Acl and miniscus tear

I am a sports person and have a ligament tear in knee from last 5 years , my knee is partially unstable. MRI report says complete acl and grade 3 miniscus tear.

Doctor Answers (3) on Acl and miniscus tear

Dr. Prashant Parate Nagpur | Orthopedic Surgeon
What do you want from your treatment now? Your knee is unstable. Meniscus might have torn at first injury or might have torn secondarily because of Laxity in knee. Best treatment for you is ACL reconstruction and Meniscus repair if it is repairable. You are just 29 and have long life ahead of you. Why have you not opted for surgery till now? Dr Prashant Parate Shoulder and Knee Surgeon Arthroscopy and Joint Replacement Specialist Sports injuries Specialist
Dr. Somanna Malchira Bangalore | Joint Replacement Surgeon
If you want to lead an active lifestyle. Then an acl reconstruction is a must. However studies have shown that long term results with or without acl reconstruction are nearly same. However acl reconstruction will definitely improve your quality of life in the immediate future
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Hi, if your knee is unstable and you continue to play sports or if you want to play sports in future then get  an arthroscopic ACL reconstruction and partial meniscectomy done. Otherwise you will damage your knee further and develop early Arthritis.