Absent Septum Pellucidum
My baby was detected with absent septum pellucidum at birth. Now he is 4.5 months old and the latest scan report shows it's still absent, but every other parts of d brain is normal. Presently his vision doesn't have any fault and he is reaching his milestones wrt age without significant effort. He did not have jaundice at birth and his blood sugar levels were perfectly fine. We haven't done any hormone tests or mri yet. I want to know if this malformation of the brain will affect him in future.

Dr.J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

You need to do serial scans evey six months for three years and then every year till he reaches 12 Mostly There won't be any problem