Absent mindedness

Since childhood im a gal lost in my own world with no much friends. Never listened to lecture during schooling n graduation classes. I was finding it very difficult to concentrate on reading & too slow in grasping things .I wonder how i completed my graduation course. Somehow these things wer overlooked until i got job. Only when i joined job i realised the pain and difficulty in focusing any kind of task. i get lost in my own thoughts in middle of any conversation or any task. I forget things very often. i am too slow in doing any work. i lose interest on things very soon, managing , knowing ,recalling things in detail and finishing assigned task is a burden for me. whereas others do it easily ,but i struggle to do same things. I agree , bcoz of my bad habit my skills are not improved.Even after putting efforts to be attentive ,i lose d control & end up doing careless mistakes. I have quit my job last year for this reason. Is it a mental health problem or just result of my habits?
views-icons 68 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Absent mindedness

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello lady, I can understand the problems which u hv faced due to your condition. I feel you are basically a slow leaner hence you had difficulty during your academic year. May be you are not suited for the kind of job in which you worked. You must he good at something which u hv are yet to identify it. Do search a job which is best suited to you according to your potential. Educational qualifications are only paper proofs. Dig into yourself and find your capacity and be successful.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
As this is a long standing problem, it is unlikely to be just a habit. You may be suffering from ADHD or something else. Consult a psychiatrist for thorough assessment and appropriate management. Good luck!