About pregnancy

Hi doctor,we are trying for baby.we have been trying since 4 month but did not conceive.My age is 26 yr and my wife age is 22 yr.According to us everything is normal but i dont know why my wife did not pregnant .please suggest us what should we do?

Doctor Answers (2) on About pregnancy

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...first thing you should know is- infertility means unable to conceive even after one year of unprotected regular Sex...A woman gets pregnant around the days when ovulation occurs. The average time of ovulation is the 14th day of an average length (28 day) menstrual cycle. Ovulation time vary for each individual, and can occur from 12th to 19th day of the cycle . Sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in a woman's reproductive tract, so it is possible to become pregnant if unprotected sex occurs 5 days before ovulation. The life span of the typical egg is relatively short, only around 24 hours...try during these periods if no results then it might be due to uterine abnormality,hormonal imbalance, fibroid in uterus,sometimes infection like T.B would have scarred fallopian tube which might be a cause,certain medications, obesity etc. In men- decreased sperm count, chronic alcoholism,smoking,obesity,premature ejaculation,medications, testicular infection or trauma etc....
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. According to you, you may be normal but there are a plenty of reasons which need to be evaluated. you and your wife both needs to get checked out by a infertility specialist to find out what is the problem exactly and in whom is the problem, later when the cause is established, the treatment can be commenced. we cannot suggest anything just like that without knowing what is the problem. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.