About jaw pain

I was visited my family doctor today.he said me that it is cause due to fibrous muscles of the jaw...they become little bit harder..he give me dosage of paracetamol till getti g releif ..should i wai8 or go to another doctor ?? And thanks to all doctors who give me suggestions thank you so mch

Doctor Answers (6) on About jaw pain

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, you need to consult an oral surgeon.
Do warm saline rinses 3 to 4 times a day along with the prescribed muscle relaxants
Hello, If it is a muscular pain,you need to take some muscle rexants like flexon-MR. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Hi you can take paracetamol as suggested in case of pain wait for 5 days & if there is no relief you can visit another doctor.
Hi I went through your previous query and this one as well. Reading all I feel it's trismus. With stiff muscles you might be having difficulty in opening your mouth and it will be painful when you try to open it . It can be due to long dental procedures where the patient has to open wide mouth for longer duration or wrong injection site ( in your case during extraction) Treatment is muscle relaxants and forces jaw opening Regards
How did jaw pain start ? Was it sudden or slow to start.? Give a visit to one more doctor give correct detailed history. Medicines can be given based on your history and clinical examination.