About hiv status
I had sex exposure last year in June with gay unprotected sex I got cut on my penis it was bleeding I washed it with water I tested hiv after 3 months clia method negative 0.16 again after 6 months negative value was 0.18 after tht I tested after 16 months wetren blot negative cmia value was 0.10 thn after 17 months tested p24antigen +hiv antibody test negative plz tell me m i negative ????

You are free from. Hiv there is one concept of Window period that means if some infective micro organism enter into our body and you test on next day your report comes negative even even micro organism present  in your body. test will come positive after overturn number of day , weeks or months onky every disease and every test have different window period hiv 1 pro viral dna QUALITATIVE test has window period of 17 days that means you have to do this test only after 17 days to get accurate result HIV DUO has 3 month window period RAPID HIV ELISA AND OTHER CARD TEST HAS 6 month window period same way HBsAg, HCV and VDRL has window period of 3 month so you have to do it after 3 month of exposure.

Talk to experienced sexologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+131
Chat with a sexologist
Dear Practo User, This time you were lucky as your reports are negative. You have nothing to worry about. However, if you wish to have an additional counseling session on HIV then contact us privately.
yes
Take proper counselling for this Consult online with me
Yes... Stop wasting ur money in repeated tests