About gynaecomastia

I am 22 yrs and 9 moths old (male). From about past 10 yrs I guess, i have man boobs ( as I can see them). I wants to get rid of them. I have read about this problem online, I came to know that its called gynaecomastia. I wanted to know if it actually gynaecomastia. I am also going to gym from last 2 months. I have checked by my index finger and thumb that there is some hard part under my nipples. Please suggest how can I check if it's actually gynaecomastia and how it can be cured without surgery. I'm feeling little depressed as I don't want surgery.
views-icons 28 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on About gynaecomastia

doctor profile image
Venkat Raghav
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

Hello... Gynecomastia is swelling of the breast tissue in boys or men, caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect one or both breasts, sometimes unevenly. Most cases of gynecomastia regress over time without treatment. If gynecomastia is caused by an underlying condition, such as hypogonadism, malnutrition or cirrhosis, that condition may need treatment.Gynacomastia is just a sign ,consult doctor for examination.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?