About gaining health

Hello! I am 20 years old.. And my weight is around 46 kg only.. I want a better health now .. By joining gym.. Will it be a better solution for me.. To gain my health.. Or else... By staying in home.. And try some nutritious stuff to gain my health?? Please help me!!

Doctor Answers (2) on About gaining health

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to gain 21 KGS of muscle not fat. No supplement or medications can help you. You need healthy diet.I can help with 4-5 KGS weight gain through natural methods only
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there i understand your concern... Try good diet and exercise method...try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like cheese,pannier etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful...