A blot of blood in eye

My Mother has a blot of blood in her eye right above the eye ball. I have attached a picture that depicts how the blot looks. What is the cause and the remedy for such a condition?

Doctor Answers (3) on A blot of blood in eye

Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
That is subconjunctival hemorrhage. It is harmless and should resolve on its own. There are a lot of causes for this, so if this is the first time this is occurring, and there are no other symptoms, then just let it be. Consult an Ophthalmologist if it recurs or there is associated pain or blurring of vision.
That being said, If this occurred after any trauma to the eye, then consult an Ophthalmologist to rule out any other associated damage to the eye even if there are no symptoms.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello
This looks like subconjunctival hemorrhage
This will resolve without treatment in 2-3 weeks
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, it is subconjunctival hemorrhage, cause would be, straining due to coughing sneezing lifting heavy weights, trauma, high blood pressure, some infections, parasites, bleeding disorders or other medical conditions causing bleeding, taking anticoagulants, vit c deficiency, taking aspirin etc,,, for bleeding due to strain no need to do anything lubricating eyes drops or enough. To rule out the other causes you need to visit ophthalmologist.