2yearoldkidspeaksveryless
Hi, My kid is 2 year and one month old. He speaks only very few words. But understands everything which we say him. But he won't respond back in words. He do only actions. Is this normal or should I take him to any speech therapy. He s active and pick objects if we say the name. But won't say in words. That's the issue

Dr. Cajetan M F Tellis
Pediatrician 28 yrs exp Bangalore

Read with him from Picture books images and ask him to repeat after you. Also speak short sentences so he can repeat. Have patience and spend more time. At 3 years go for speech therapy, if he doesn't improve.