25dy pregnant.Nd Abortion
Hello Doctor, My wife is 25days pregnant. But we're not ready to give birth right now. Please advise if it's safe to get abortion done and no risk in future pregnancy. Please doctor suggest me as unable to concentrate to the other things.

Sagar KS
General Practitioner 2 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, for any abortions there should be specific reasons, because it is a medicolegal issue. Abortion in India is legal only up to twenty weeks of pregnancy under specific conditions and situations such as the continuance of the pregnancy would involve a risk to the life of the pregnant woman or of grave injury of physical or mental health, or there is a substantial risk that if the child were born, it would suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped. Rape,Pregnancies in unmarried girls under the age of eighteen with the consent of a guardian,Pregnancies in "lunatics" with the consent of a guardian Pregnancies that are a result of failure in sterilization and failure of contraception. If you have any specific reasons you can go for termination of pregnancy.Consult your obstetrician for furthur care.don't consult any quacks and nurses for abortion because there will be risk to life.