2.7x2.6x2.4 cm CPA tumor

My grandfather had loss of hearing for some years in one ear and now his hand used to go numb sometimes. After an MRI, a tumor was detected. Is it safe to go for surgery? If not, what's the best thing to do in this case?

Doctor Answers (2) on 2.7x2.6x2.4 cm CPA tumor

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, I can understand your concern for your grandfather... The symptoms can be attributed to the cerebello pontine angle tumor. Considering his age, I personally wouldn't recommend surgery, it's just going to be a stress and a waste of money if you ask me because the success rate at this age can't be commented on. If you feel you can go ahead, and if the surgeon is ready, then go ahead. Or else just let it be. All the best. Dr.anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | General Physician
His hearing loss is duevto this tumor. Now since you have surgery as an option, Age is the concern. Also the success rate is not too much encouraging. Red: medscape