12xxxxxx90

My brother is now 16yrs old, it has been 1year my father's death I got only 1 brother n he is behaving rude day by day bunking the classes rudeness with teachers n all, evn he is not sharing what is der in his mind only cursing my maa before he was not like dis, can u please give me an separate appointment so that u give him a councelling outside the hospital ? ?? Bcz I dnt want him to feel guilty tat I brought him to psychiatrist

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

This may be hidden depression. Please consult a psychiatrist soon.
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

I understand your concern about your brother and the situation all.of you in. Pleas take him.to counsellor in your city and let him.talk to them and they will help him by listening to him and u understand his problem from his perspective which would encourage him to open up and venues out his feelings .
Dr. Ramprasad Attur
Psychiatrist 19 yrs exp Mysore

It sounds like you are caught up in a typical quandary/ dilemma about seeking help for someone who may not be ready for it. We have many parents bringing their children with gentle coaxing under pretext of study related help/help to achieve goals etc. This may work for the first contact but later the adolescent may not want to engage. A close family friend/wellwisher or his own senior whom you can entrust the conversation about seeking help will do the trick. Some schools have counsellors at school which may be of use. Wish him good luck.
Mr. B. Elayaraja
Counselling Psychologist 14 yrs exp Chennai

Hi, We understand your distress level of this present situation. The behavior which show may be depressive features too. Kindly check whether your brother has willing for Counseling, if it so we can help him to come of this anger outburst and depression. Be kind with and show unconditional love to him