Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Raj Prabharakaran

Dr. Raj Prabharakaran

Claim this profile

MBBS, Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO)

ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist

26 Years Experience Overall  (26 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Raj Prabharakaran is a ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist in Kilpauk, Chennai and has an experience of 26 years in this field. Dr. Raj Prabharakaran practices at Apollo First Med Hospitals in Kilpauk, Chennai. He completed MBBS from Madras University, Chenai, India in 1991,Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) from University Of Madras, India in 1993 and FRCS from Royal College Of Surgeons in 1995. He is a member of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Tonsillectomy,Head and Neck Tumor / Cancer Surgery,Nasal Polypectomy,Tympanoplasty and Tonsillitis Treatment etc.

Kilpauk, Chennai

Apollo First Med Hospitals


154, Poonamallee High Road, Landmark: Near Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai

Get Directions

+ 7

Mon - Sat

09:45 - 12:00

Verified details

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: An ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor specializes in the treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otorhinolaryngologist is another name by which an ENT doctor is referred to. ENT is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and related areas of the head and neck.

Q: Is an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist and an Otorhinolaryngologist different?

A: Otorhinolaryngologist is a doctor who treats conditions related to the ear, nose and throat. The more commonly used name to refer to an otorhinolaryngologist is an ENT specialist. Any health conditions that involves the ear, nose and throat are treated by an ENT doctor.ENT doctors administer medication or do surgical procedures to correct any physical defects in these organs.

Q: Does one need a referral to consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: Generally, a person can consult an ENT specialist by taking a prior appointment. Those who have not booked an appointment can walk into the doctor’s clinic and wait in a queue for a consultation. In some cases, a patient may be referred to by another doctor or general physician to an ENT specialist. Such people may consult with a referral

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of sinusitis?

A: An ENT specialist deals with problems related to ear, nose, and throat. A chronic infection of the sinuses causes sinusitis. You may visit a primary care doctor for sinusitis problem, but an ENT is the final authority to treat the condition. The sinuses are interconnected parts to the ear and nose, so an ENT is the best for treating sinusitis.

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of injury to head and neck?

A: When a person gets injured in the head and neck, the first doctor that handles the case may be a trauma specialist or a neurologist. An ENT specialist deals with ear, nose, and throat, and related areas of head and neck. For better clarity of the impact of the injury, diagnosis and treatment consultation with an ENT is required


MBBS - Madras University, Chenai, India, 1991
Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO) - University Of Madras, India, 1993


Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry


2005 - Present Consultant at Apollo Hospital


48443 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 1991

Trainings and Certifications

FRCS - Royal College Of Surgeons, 1995
Report an Error
Pick a time slot
Apollo First Med Hospitals
3.5700Verified details