Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Sandip Duarah

Dr. Sandip Duarah


ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist

22 Years Experience Overall  (14 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Sandip Duarah is a ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist and Head and Neck Oncologist in Manapakkam, Chennai and has an experience of 22 years in these fields. Dr. Sandip Duarah practices at MIOT International Hospital in Manapakkam, Chennai. He completed MBBS from Gauhati Medical College in 1998 and MS - ENT from Gauhati Medical College in 2006. He is a member of Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology and North Eastern Branch of Oncology India.

1 clinic for General Consultation

General Consultation
Search procedure

Manapakkam, Chennai

MIOT International Hospital


4/112, Mount Poonamallee Road, Manapakkam, Landmark: Near Chennai Trade Center, Chennai

Get Directions

+ 9

Mon - Sat

08:00 - 05:00

Verified details

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: An ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor specializes in the treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otorhinolaryngologist is another name by which an ENT doctor is referred to. ENT is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and related areas of the head and neck.

Q: Is an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist and an Otorhinolaryngologist different?

A: Otorhinolaryngologist is a doctor who treats conditions related to the ear, nose and throat. The more commonly used name to refer to an otorhinolaryngologist is an ENT specialist. Any health conditions that involves the ear, nose and throat are treated by an ENT doctor.ENT doctors administer medication or do surgical procedures to correct any physical defects in these organs.

Q: Does one need a referral to consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: Generally, a person can consult an ENT specialist by taking a prior appointment. Those who have not booked an appointment can walk into the doctor’s clinic and wait in a queue for a consultation. In some cases, a patient may be referred to by another doctor or general physician to an ENT specialist. Such people may consult with a referral

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of sinusitis?

A: An ENT specialist deals with problems related to ear, nose, and throat. A chronic infection of the sinuses causes sinusitis. You may visit a primary care doctor for sinusitis problem, but an ENT is the final authority to treat the condition. The sinuses are interconnected parts to the ear and nose, so an ENT is the best for treating sinusitis.

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of injury to head and neck?

A: When a person gets injured in the head and neck, the first doctor that handles the case may be a trauma specialist or a neurologist. An ENT specialist deals with ear, nose, and throat, and related areas of head and neck. For better clarity of the impact of the injury, diagnosis and treatment consultation with an ENT is required

Awards and Recognitions

UIIC Fellowship - 2007
FHNO Travelling Fellowship


MBBS - Gauhati Medical College, 1998
MS - ENT - Gauhati Medical College, 2006


Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology
North Eastern Branch of Oncology India


102927 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2013
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
MIOT International Hospital
4.5800Verified details
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.