Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Sandeep

Dr. Sandeep

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



General Practitioner


Joint Replacement Surgeon

10 Years Experience Overall  (5 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

8 years experience in the field of orthopedics and traumatology. Will be able to approach and treat all orthopedic conditions. My field of speciality is Non operative treatment of knee arthritis

2 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Knee Replacement
Search procedure

Kodambakkam, Chennai

S V Multispeciality Hospital

New No. 177, Rangarajapuram Main Road, Landmark: Near to Indian Bank, Chennai

Mon - Sat

06:00 - 08:30
08:45 - 09:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.

Awards and Recognitions

Young achiever award by TN MGR medical university - 2012
Best paper award in Madras Orthopaedic Society - 2014


MBBS - Sri Siddhartha Medical College & Research, 2010
MS - Orthopaedics - Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai, 2015


Indian Medical Association (IMA)


2015 - 2017 Consultant - Orthopaedic Surgeon at SV Multispeciality Hospital


91155 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2010
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
S V Multispeciality Hospital
Change Clinic
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.