Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Anantharaman

Dr. Anantharaman

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, Diploma in Orthopaedics


18 Years Experience Overall  (13 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Anantharaman is an Orthopaedic Surgeon in Royapuram with 15 years of experience in the medical field.

13 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Spinal Fixation Surgery
Spinal Fusion
Search procedure

Royapuram, Chennai

Acian Ortho Clinic

27, BC. Press Road, Landmark: Near Royapuram Bridge, Chennai

Get Directions

+ 2

Mon - Sat

07:30 - 10:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


Awards and Recognitions

Gold Medalist In FCPS And D.Ortho - 2007


MBBS - Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, 1999
MS - Orthopaedics - Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 2007
Diploma in Orthopaedics - College Of Physicain & Surgeon, 2007


Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Medras Orthopedic Association
Bombay Orthopedic Association
Tamilnadu Orthopedic Association
Maharastra Medical Council


2005 - 2017 Orthopedist at Asian Ortho Care Clinic
2009 - Present Consultant at Sugam Hospital


63906 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 1999
2005083210 Maharashtra Medical Council, 2005

Trainings and Certifications

FCPS Ortho - Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai, 2007
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Acian Ortho Clinic
Change Clinic
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.