Consulted Ms. Geeva Kamal Raj (Occupational Therapist) for Occupational Therapy
I do not recommend the doctor
Hoped for better: Value for moneyTreatment satisfaction
This is feedback of the Chaitanya Speech therapy center run by Ms. Geeva. I haven't interacted with her directly. I have a kid with speech delay. I found out about Chaitanya through internet - carried away by the great reviews on Google, JustDial & Practo. Only after few weeks of enrollment in the center, I found out about some unethical practices & strange rules & processes. I'm listing them below for the benefit of all parents
1. First of all, the reviews you see are not completely genuine. They choose & invite parents who are vulnerable to fill out feedback right in front of them at the center, coerce them into giving ONLY 5 star rating with ONLY positive reviews.
2. They are secretive about everything. Absolutely no transparency. You are not allowed to take a look at their facility. You won't be told/shown who the therapist is, so obviously no interaction with the therapists. Only moms are allowed for observation. Observation is not in-person, you can only look at the webcam feed. No photos or videos are allowed during the observation. They won't inform you what goals they are working on. If you provide any inputs on what goals you want them to work on, it will be disregarded. There is no way for you to know whether your child is actually in therapy inside or just sitting idle.
3. There has been an incident where parents in the last time slot have noticed that more kids came out of the center than the number of therapists, which goes to prove that 1-1 is not the case as promised.
4. My kid took 40 sessions each for OT & Speech. I didn't notice a single change in him. He's been under OT therapy elsewhere for a while before coming to this center. So whatever I saw in OT observation was what he already knew. In fact, they had no idea what he knows. They were blindly following a standard regimen without considering the kid's capabilities. Speech observation was really a big disappointment. It was just for 15 mins. He did almost same activities as in OT. Not even once he was asked to speak. Therapist in Speech observation was exactly the same person in OT Observation but they denied it. I had proof bcoz I clicked a pic during OT obs after which they prohibited it.
5. You won't get a receipt so easily for the huge fees you pay. You have to fight it out every time. Jyothi - the center head is the go-to person for all your needs & is hardly polite to parents. Except for the initial consultation with Mr. KamalRaj / Ms. Geeva, you don't get to meet them at all.
So dear parents, PLEASE do yourself & your child a big favor by not sending them to this center. I hope other parents come out & share their true & honest experiences with this center.