1. How is muscle spasm treated?
Muscle spasms can be treated with ice - which will numb the pain - and heat - which will improve the blood flow around the area of the spasm.
2. What are the causes of muscle spasm?
The causes of muscle spasms can be any and all of the following:
1. Lack of blood supply
2. Mineral depletion
3. Muscle fatigue
4. Nerve compression
3. Can physical therapy be useful in treating muscle spasm?
Yes. Physical therapy can relieve the muscle spasm, as it involves strengthening the muscle groups.
4. Do dietary changes help to avoid muscle spasm?
Yes. Dietary changes do help in avoiding muscle spasms. For instance, you need to have foods rich in of vitamins and magnesium, such as bananas, sweet potato, beans and lentils, avocados, melons and milk. Drinking enough water is also beneficial.
5. Are ayurvedic medicines available for muscle spasms?
Yes. There are various ayurvedic medicines to treat muscle spasms.